Monday, February 11, 2008

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooored

i'm bored

i went with my friend lissa the other day to get her tattoo covered up....(looooooooooooong story, but, to sum it up, she got a tattoo similar to this "friend" she had, who ended up sueing her for half a mil, and so she decided she did not want to have this reminder anymore) and i thought i'd bring a little something to knit....i had finished the sweater (huzzah!) but i wouldn't have wanted to bring that with me....
so i searched ravelry for something little and fun and decided the willy warmer, because really, what willy doesn't need warming....and granted i knitted my man a sweater already for the v-day, why not a sweater for his, ya know, willy....
yeah yeah i KNOW! i have to finish keri's armwarmers! maybe i'll have them done for her birthday this year....i had one done for her birthday last year....
anywho...i started with the willy warmer and, well, umm...i don't know if it'll be big enough?
yeah....tmi whatever!

speaking of my man...he had picked up the comic life program for his mac...because he thought maybe we could make up a comic book for my neice and nephew about our fam trip to north carolina, but we never got around to it....then he thought we'd make up some knitting comic book...where i'd be the heroine....and the name of my store would be nelly's knits....or knelly's knits...ya know....to keep with the alliteration.....my brother in law calls me nelly, and so my nephew (can't quite say his l's right) calls me nenny and now my neice is starting to call me nenny....on the random occasion she calls me anything....and ya know....i wish i could have a real yarn store....i know nothing about yarn like all real yarn store owners do...i just want to own a yarn store....so i can knit all day....and play with the yarn.....i'd hire people to work for me who actually get guage and understand what kind of yarns can be substituted for each other...and who can finish off garments well and who can seam sleeves....see, i'd need to hire these people so they can help me with it all....cuz ya know, i don't know any of that shit...i just want to hang out in a store full of pretty colorful yarn and do stuff....like chill on ravelry or read or knit! ya know? and i'd definately call it knelly's knits...or deedle's needles...but i think the later would make people think i sell like, sewing stuff maybe, or just needles....i don't know...it won't happen though....
come to think of it though, one of my friends wanted to open a coffee shop years ago....maybe i should try and talk her into that again and we can make it like, a knitting/coffee shop....she had this location in mind anyways and she was going to give me the top floor for like, musicy stuff....but i think i'd rather turn it into a yarn store..... *mental note* must talk to cory about this...hmmm...but no....she's making good money where she is....if i was making good money where i am, i wouldn't be thinking about leaving....what? i don't know
i'm just bored and felt like rambling instead of doing my boring work...

i brought my sweater in to work today to show it off....and everyone is very impressed, saying how talented i am....and really? yeah i'm impressed by it.....but i guess they're impressed by it because they don't knit, so they're impressed by it the same way i'm impressed by other knitter's who do amazing intarsia and stuff....i don't know

next thing i knit after i finish keri's armwarmers that is, is either socks or a sweater for me...oh shit! i told bf i'd knit him a red bulls scarf....ah crap....fine i knit him the scarf then i knit me a sweater....good because i have 2 on my list that are short sleeved...i have to decide if i want to use the reccomended yarn or use something else....b/c they don't sell either at my lys (which is having a sale this week) but i think they sell it at another one i have yet to go to? i don't know

i ramble
ramble ramble ramble

2 hours left of work...suppose i should be productive

No comments: